A fixed mandrel, flexographic plate mounting machine for very simple, accurate and quick mounting of flexo plates directly onto sleeves commonly used with today's quick change CI presses, either geared or gearless.
- These units are designed for mounting single or multiple plate configurations which
are mounted with total accuracy eliminating on press register issues and increasing
print quality. Using multiple cameras allows easy plate stepping and with wide
plates ensures the central area can be checked for mounting accuracy.
- An air mandrel is supported at both ends during the mounting operation ensuring
the sleeve is exactly parallel with the cameras and a pneumatically operated lock
disengages to allow the air cylinder to pivot forward with a quick release exhaust
valve to allow for very fast sleeve change-over. The unit can be set up with a single
air cylinder diameter or multiple diameters depending on exact press specifications.
- High magnification (up to 140x) video cameras
- Twin monitors with microdot and cross references
- Standard configuration is 8 cameras for up to 4 plates across which can be downgraded if required
- Pneumatic circumferential indexing for plate stepping
- Rigid frame type machine with pivoting, cantilever air mandrel
- High precision machine components with linear bearings used extensively